Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Life reversed: Old to young..

Imagine being born as an eighty year old. You would be old, wrinkly, and would need a caretaker. It's kind of like being a baby, isn't it? Except instead, you are born OLD rather than born young. I mean, when you're a baby, you can't walk and you need someone to care for you. When you're old, the same thing would eventually happen to you again..so what difference would it make, it you were born old rather than young?
My answer, BIG difference! Being born old would mean that you would die young. why would you want to die as a baby?

If I was born old, my life would be completely different. If i was born old, i would not get to experience childhood, and learn as a kid. I would not be able to be creative and imagine. I would not develop and grow. Being born old, means that you have already experienced life, and then in retire mode. It then means memory loss. Life would be completely different.

If I lived life in reverse, it would also mean that I would lose a lot of people in my life, such as old friends, since they would die. I would fall in love with someone who grow old, while I on the other hand grow younger and younger everyday.

Education would be useless, since growing younger and younger would affect my ability to learn and store information. There would be no goals, no point in life.

Have you seen the movie, The case of Benjamin button? This movie is about a man who was born an old man, and as life went on, he grew younger and younger until he was a baby. His life was not satisfying. It was not the same.
I would not like to live life reversed. It changes the definition of life, and life just would not be the same..

No comments:

Post a Comment