Wednesday, December 7, 2011

History

History is a requirement in school. It is a class that we have to take from middle school to high school, and even in college. But have you ever wonder why we learn  history?

We learn about history, so that we won't repeat the same mistakes over and over again. We learn history, to see what our ancestors, our people, and everybody had gone through.

History is also fascinating. If you look at history, you could see that our world has changed a lot from time to time. For example, after learning about my culture's history (Vietnam), it made me appreciate my culture, as well as my family for what they've gone through. I found out that my parents struggled a whole lot just to come to America. Their history made me feel a sense of appreciation.

 Many people don't value history. To them, it's just another boring subject in school. To me, it is different, it is powerful. I appreciate all the things people have done and gone through in history, and learning about it is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment